App Marking: Android Forums
Case Study: ENotify
Is marking your app on the Android forums effective? There are numerous forums to which people turn to for technical help and keep abreast of announcements relating to their devices and apps. The majority of these forums have a dedicated thread for announcing new apps. However, you need to be aware of the rules for each individual forum:
Rules in General:
- The announcement must conform to a certain format:
- Example] "[APP][2.2+] ENotify"
- Only make 1 post about the app. Any future announcements must be made in the same thread
- Some have restrictions on how many screen shots and links that can be included
- Many forums forbid marketing paid apps
- First Month: The app averaged 2 downloads per day
- Second Month: The app averaged 6 downloads per day
- The 5 days following posting to the forums: The app averaged 14 downloads per day
Is that significant? Yes! It is to me :) My goal with the app is to build a small base of users so that I stimulate word of mouth growth while I continue to refine the app and its feature set.
- Posts are indexed by search engines so be sure to include key words that represent your apps features
- Got some feedback on defects that were subsequently fixed as a result
- A number of people discussed new potential features they'd like to see in the app
Total Views: 949
In conclusion, the most import forums for generating awareness are XDA, Droid Forums and Android Central.
More ideas for marketing your apps by Muhammad Ali
Check out my app for Android Wear: